The North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service State Advisory Council was established to complete the development of the North Carolina Advisory Leadership System.
The State Advisory Council on behalf of the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service:
- Advocates with government and community leaders
- Markets program impacts
- Promotes development of resources
- Ensures programming meets local needs
- Serves as a liaison between County Advisory Councils and State Administrators
The State Advisory Council builds pathways within the Advisory Leadership System to benefit all North Carolinians through N.C. Cooperative Extension Service programs.
The State Advisory Council will:
- Work with local Extension Centers to develop and strengthen Advisory groups.
- Serve as a liaison body between County Advisory Councils, State Extension Administration and Foundation Regional Directors.
- Build relationships with federal, state and local government and community leaders to effectively advocate for North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service and private resource development.
- Work with North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service state program leaders and University departments to ensure that programs are relevant and the resources are available at the county level for delivery of quality programs.
- Market North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service as a leader in addressing the changing needs of rural and urban North Carolina communities.
Extension educational programs are primarily planned and delivered at the county level where local advisory councils and committees identify needs and develop educational programs. The State Extension program must reflect these needs plus the demands of regional and national levels.